domingo, 16 de diciembre de 2012

hands held high



























Turn my mic up louder, I got to say somethin'Lightweight step it aside when we comin'Feel it in your chest, the syllables get pumpin’People on the street, they panic and start runnin’
Words on loose leaf sheet complete comin’I jump on my mind, I summon the rhyme I'm dumpin’Healin' the blind, I promise to let the sun inSick of the dark ways, we march to the drummin’
Jump when they tell us they want to see jumpin’F*** that! I want to see some fists pumpin’Risk somethin', take back what's yoursSay somethin' that you know they might attack you for
‘Cause I'm sick of bein' treated like I have beforeLike I'm stupid standin’ for what I'm standin’ forLike this war's really just a different brand of warLike it doesn't cater to rich and abandon poor
Like they understand you in the back of the jetWhen you can't put gas in your tankThese ******* are laughin’ their way to the bank and cashin' the checkAskin' you to have compassion and have some respect
For a leader so nervous in an obvious wayStutterin’ and mumblin’ for nightly news to replayAnd the rest of the world watchin’ at the end of the dayIn their livin’ room laughin’ like, "What did he say?"

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario